Placement and Work Pass Services

Application | Renewal | Cancellation

Work Permit | S pass | Employment Pass

Letter Of Consent

firstcare employment pte ltd

You can apply for a Letter of Consent to work in Singapore if you are an eligible Dependant’s Pass holder, or an LTVP/LTVP+ holder who is the spouse or unmarried child of a Singaporean or permanent resident.


You need to be one of the following: 

  • A Dependant’s Pass holder who is a dependant of an Employment Pass, EntrePass or Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holder. 
  • An LTVP or LTVP+ holder who is married to a Singaporean or permanent resident. 
  • An unmarried child (under 21 years old) of a Singaporean or permanent resident, who holds an LTVP.

At a glance 

  • Our Charges: Enquire
  • How long it takes: 
For Dependant’s Pass holder: Within 3 weeks for most cases. 
For LTVP or LTVP+ holder: 1 week. Some cases will take more time.

Submit an Letter of Consent application 

Documents required for Firstcare Employment Pte Ltd to submit an application: 

  • EA Authorisation form for Letter of Consent application (Company representative need to fill in a copy of EA Authorisation form for application (Declaration by employer) as attached, sign & company stamp and email us a copy together with the representative’s NRIC Copy.)
  • Letter of Consent Application Form
  • Copy of Applicant’s valid DP or LTVP or LTVP+ card 

Duration of the pass 

The duration granted for the pass is based on the earlier of these: 

  • What the employer indicated in the LOC application. 
  • The expiry date of the LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass. 

The LOC stops being valid when: 

  • The LTVP, LTVP+ or Dependant’s Pass is cancelled or expires. 
  • You are no longer employed by the company. The employer still needs to cancel the LOC.

Documents required for selected professions

For selected professions, you will need to submit additional documents when applying for a Letter of Consent. These include healthcare professionals, lawyers and regional representatives.

1. For Regional Representatives of Oversea companies

You will need: 
A copy of the approval letter from Enterprise Singapore for setting up the representative office in Singapore. 
A letter from the representative’s office headquarters stating: 
  • The purpose of the application. 
  • The duration of the candidate’s assignment. 
  • A guarantee for the maintenance and repatriation of the candidate.
2. For healthcare professionals, lawyer, football players or coaches.

You will need supporting documents from the respective professional bodies:

OccupationProfessional body
DentistSingapore Dental Council
Diagnostic radiographerAllied Health Professions Council
DoctorSingapore Medical Council
Football player or coachSport Singapore
LawyerLegal Services Regulatory Authority
NurseSingapore Nursing Board
Occupational therapistAllied Health Professions Council
PharmacistSingapore Pharmacy Council
PhysiotherapistAllied Health Professions Council
Radiation therapistAllied Health Professions Council
Speech therapistAllied Health Professions Council
TCM practitionerTraditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board

3. For employees in a food establishment

A copy of the foodshop licence issued by National Environment Agency (NEA). 
If you have a new establishment and don’t have the licence from NEA yet, you can submit to MOM a copy of the “Application for Foodshop Licence” letter issued to you by NEA.